Access my facebook art page "Minuet in S" from here

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hairpin lace shawl

Hello friends 

I have made quite a few projects although I had not blogged them. 

Here is a hairpin lace shawl I made integrating the loom woven lace with broomstick lace and incorporating the granny too. 

Here are some pictures and I hope you enjoy them. 
This is the finished shawl made with lion brand mixed grey and black yarn. 



This is a close up of the broomstick lace border. It has three cascading layers. I have worked the broomstick around the two edges of the v. I have designed this pattern and will release it shortly. 
You would need the broomstick lace dowel and a hairpin lace loom. 



This was my first chicken scratch when the design first was conceptualized ... 



Here’s the loom in progress...



Here’s the first motif ... with my favorite hand made polymer clay handle for my hook. 




1 comment: