Access my facebook art page "Minuet in S" from here

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Broomstick Lace: The white water lily/ lotus

Hello friends,

I created this  one hour ago. The meditation on the whiteness of the lotus/ the water lily inspired me. About  the term whiteness......
"The Hebrew name shushan or shoshan i.e.,   'whiteness', was used as the general name of several plants common to Syria, such as the tulip, iris, anemore, gladiolus, ranunculus, etc. Some interpret it, with much probablity as denoting in the Old testament the water-lily (nymphoea lotus of Linn) or lotus.." White has a deep spiritual meaning for me. While in the flow of the beauty of white, I designed and created this white water lily/lotus. It resembles an explosion of light and is enlightening to me, with its burst of joy. Certainly there is joy in my heart!!



In the background you see a broomstick lace scarf with variegated denim yarn.


The more I see this the more I am loving it. I have a long list of patterns that I will be releasing soon, of all my latest designs and so please do keep coming back to check.  I am so thankful for your visit and all your encouragement. God Bless you.


Until next time lots of love.
Shanti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment