Access my facebook art page "Minuet in S" from here

Friday, March 8, 2013

Hand quilting

Quilting is the process of creating a quilt with 3 layers of material with a padding in between .. Joining the layers can be done by machine or hand. I have hand quilted here. This takes longer, and I do not have a loom. Was on the floor on my knees !! Basting and piecing etc... The binding I did by machine sewing. The batting in between insulates and keeps warm. The size was a twin bed size. Used a curved needle for the stitches and pieces of pretty green yarn. Made this for my daughter who loves Winnie the Pooh bear.
Made a quilted peace dove with a lace pouch to hold the USB drives. Oh yes she is indeed happy with this!! I used Satin for the backing. I hand sketched the peace dove. I used black natural pearls for the eyes of the dove. And a flurry yarn for hand sewing through the dove. I was particular about the heart shape which managed with the tail portion.
Hope you enjoy the journey of this quilt.
Lots of love
Shanti
Do leave a comment












































No comments:

Post a Comment